First Presbyterian Church of Dyersburg, TN, is seeking a Pastor or Intern for our Students and Family Ministry. Please direct all inquiries to Rev. William Evans III at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gage Jordan at email@example.com
POSITION: Pastor or Intern for Students and Families
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Minister
• Possess the qualifications described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Possess and maintain a growing personal walk with Christ through committed bible study and prayer.
• Exemplify humility, a servant’s heart, and a teachable spirit.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, train, develop and build teams.
• Experience in ministry to children and youth and significant life experiences in similar/relevant roles.
• A passion to create an environment for spiritual growth among families with students.
• A joyful and energetic self-starter with demonstrated effectiveness in leadership and administration.
• Ability to clearly communicate the Gospel with creativity and enthusiasm to people of all ages.
• Having a love for people from all social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
• For an intern, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and preferably on an ordination track in the PCA.
• For a Pastor, a Master of Divinity or comparable degree and ordination in the PCA or on an ordination track in the PCA.
• Subscription to the system of doctrine found in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
• Musical skills to lead worship would be a bonus but not required.
PURPOSE & GOALS:
This position will be recommended by the Senior Minister, called by the Session, and will be responsible for developing, planning, and coordinating the entire family ministry of the church, under the direction of the Senior Minister, as approved by the Session.
This person would develop and grow our family ministry within the framework of our established mission and vision. Our mission vision of “Simple church; simply Christ,” focuses on being:
• biblically faithful: believing, preaching, teaching and applying the Scriptures
• prayer focused: believing and practicing prayer both individually and corporately
• worship minded: seeing worship as lifestyle versus an event
• and community committed: through discipleship, fellowship, authenticity, service and outreach.
This person will lead, organize, structure, and create as needed, the Nursery, Children’s, Junior High, and Senior High Ministries in such a way as to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in an atmosphere that is challenging, exciting, creative, and inviting. This person shall oversee all activities and maintain primary responsibility. This person shall maintain contact with children at all levels and parents and coordinate activities of all family ministries teachers and volunteers.
This person will pursue the discipleship of children in the church, and their further integration into the fellowship, develop and implement programs that serve the children and foster their integration and spiritual growth, oversee children’s and youth discipleship ministries, and foster an integrated and comprehensive program of discipleship for the families of the church and community.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Love the children and parents of our church and community, live the Christian life out before and with them, proclaim to them the Gospel, teach them the truth of Scripture, pray fervently with and for them, cultivate a Gospel-derived discipleship among all the children, invest in cultivating the spiritual maturity of those with evident potential for leadership and service, assist, encourage and support parents in the Christian nurture of their children.
• Plan and execute a carefully conceived ministry plan to and for all age levels during the year.
• Cultivate appropriate parental participation in and support of the Family Ministry and develop other members of the congregation for involvement.
• Serve as a spokesman and enthusiastically promote Family Ministry to the broader congregation and community.
• Maintain an office and keep certain working hours as determined by the Senior Minister.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES, CONT.
• Encourage a Gospel unity and fellowship among the families of our church. Discourage and refrain from participation in the formation of small cliques or favorites among children and youth.
• Responsible for Sunday morning programming including scheduling teachers, nursery and childcare staffing, and for other ministry events requiring nursery and childcare coverage.
• Responsible for ensuring background checks, personal reference checks, staff safety training, and all other child protection policy requirements are enforced.
• Oversee curriculum and program development in conjunction with the parents and the session.
• Ensure all children, nursery, and childcare volunteers have needed supplies and equipment.
• Maintain attendance and check-in records as needed
• Train volunteers and workers as needed
• Assist in worship services as assigned by the Senior Minister.
• Coordinate the Family Ministry program with all other ministry areas in the church to avoid conflicts.
• Cooperate fully with church staff and Session in carrying out the work and policies of the church.
• Provide financial oversight for the Student and Family Ministry, including overseeing the creation of annual budgets, reviewing monthly budget reports, and approving budget change requests.
• Prepare and submit to the Senior Minister an annual performance appraisal outlining and evaluating progress made and goals obtained during the preceding year for review with the Session.
• Perform with joy and excellence any other duty or responsibility as assigned by the Senior Minister or requested by the Session.
• A state and national background check and a complete drug screening will be required for all considered applicants.